Monday, March 19, 2018

SCALLOPED POTATOES

This recipe of another quick and easy deal. And it can go with almost any meal in place of mashed or boiled taters.

This week, I made these to go along with my Wednesday night Meat Loaf dinner.

Preparation was so quick for this and the meat loaf. It makes for a perfect meal when you have friends over and want to visit, instead of standing in front of the stove.

You can have a beer instead.

Fooled ya.....You expected a Mic Ultra?

4 MEDIUM POTATOES

½ Medium size Onion sliced thinly
½ STICK OF BUTTER
½ CUP OF MILK

PEEL THEN SLICE THE POTATOES INTO 1/8” PIECES
CUT BUTTER INTO 12 PATTIES

Place taters and a 1/3 of the Onions in medium dish (9x7) DO ONE LAYER.


Salt and pepper and add 4 patties of butter
Repeat for 2nd and 3rd layer
Place dish on a 9 x 13 cookie sheet lined with foil

Add milk and cover with foil.
Bake at 350 degrees for ½ hour.
Remove foil and bake for another ½ hour.

That's all there is to it. You could pull it out 10 minutes early and add some cheese and finish baking.
One of the easiest scalloped potato recipes I have seen (it came from Penny.)


The first time I made this, I found that one hour was not enough time in the oven. Perhaps I cut the taters too thick. I made it again, and cooked it an extra 30 minutes. They came out perfect.

I also tried it with a Coating of Mozzarella Cheese on top. Yum Yum.  How about some mushrooms on top ? Be brave, and
EXPERIMENT.

According to my Wednesday night dining buddy. “Great!!!”







No comments:

Post a Comment