Wednesday, September 5, 2018

LOW CARB CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP


It was finally FOOTBALL Game Day at Casa Del Freshwater this past Saturday. Although it was a 7:30 evening start time, I wanted to whip up something to eat before the game.


We've been on a soup binge lately and find soups are easy to make. And there must be a million variations on the theme. (My wife told me to stop exaggerating.) 

Anyway, you can make soup early (or even the day before) then heat it up just before game time. In fact, it is now the following Tuesday and I still have soup left over. I call it lunch that I don't have to go out to eat.

This week we opted for Chicken Noodle Soup with a large salad. Yum Yum. I have made Noodle Soup many times and the secret is HOME MADE CHICKEN BROTH.


If you are not going to make home made, maybe it's just best for you to open up a can of soup and move on with your life. You are not a cook.

So, lets open a refreshing adult beverage and get started.
I think that will hold me

I see President Grover Cleveland is too busy to help



Here is what you will need.

1 CHICKEN – CUT UP
2 CUPS CHICKEN BROTH

½ ONION – CHOPPED
3 CELERY STALKS - CHOPPED
1 CARROT – CHOPPED

¼ TSP THYME
½ TSP CELERY SEED
¼ TSP MARGORAM
¼ CUP CHOPPED PARSLEY

1 CAN OF MUSHROOMS 



SAUTE THE ONION, CELERY AND CARROT IN SOME EVOO


ADD THE BROTH, AND ALL THE SPICES & THE MUSHROOMS



IF YOU ARE USING REGULAR NOODLES, BRING THIS UP TO A BOIL,THEN ADD YOUR NOODLES.

IF YOU ARE USING “MIRACLE NOODLES” , DO NOT BOIL.

RINSE THE NOODLES SEVERAL TIMES, THEN PUT THEM IN SOME HOT WATER FOR ABOUT 3 TO 4 MINUTES.

DRAIN AND RINSE AGAIN. CUT INTO BIT SIZE BITS

ADD TO THE BROTH AND SIMMER FOR 30 MINUTES ON LOW.


SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE.

Let me tell you this was really good. Add a large salad and it was more than enough to get me through the game.



I made mine with “Miracle Noodles: They are a Low Carb alternative that we are experimenting with. I will let you know more as I learn.

So here is my version



And an earlier version with regular noodles



I found the Miracle Noodles worked out just fine, and my dinner was damn near zero in carbs. Best of all, it tasted GOOD. More on the Miracle Noodles later.

Oh, The Gators opened with FIVE TD passes in the first half and went on to win !!!!! 53-6.

Next week Kentucky comes a calling. It won't be as easy for us next week. These Wildcats are pretty good.


See you all then, for more SOUP !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment