Friday, March 8, 2019

BEEF STROGANOFF IN THE SLOW COOKER

I can not tell you how many times I have heard "I don't have time to cook."

As Col. Sherman T Potter says ....... "HORSE HOCKEY"


There are thousands of recipes out there on the webby thingy for busy parents, working parents, or even single parents.


So get off your donkey, (can you say 'ass' on the web?) and go find one. 


I will start you out.


This takes a whopping 15 minutes to put together. That's all. SO don't tell me you don't have time to make this.


AND IT'S REALLY REALLY GOOD.....


You can thank me later




I tried a Beef Stroganoff recipe a while back, and didn't care for it. 

So I went searching for something quick and easy. And this is it.


In fact, it is so easy I didn't take too many pictures as I went along.


Dump it all in a slow-cooker, and wait.


Here is what you'll need.

2 TBL All Purpose Flour
½ of medium Onion (Chopped)
½ tsp Garlic Powder 
½ tsp Pepper
¼ tsp Paprika
1 ¾ LB Beef Top Round Steak cut into ¾ inch pieces
2 Cans (10-11 OZ) Condensed Cream of Mushroom SOUP (undiluted)
½ Cup of H20 (For those of you that went to Florida State, that means water)


 
2 cans (4.5 O each) sliced Mushrooms (drained)  I prefer FRESH Mushrooms)

½ Cup Sour Cream 
1 TBL FRESH minced Parsley

Pasta of your choice


In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder,
pepper, and paprika. Add the beef pieces and shake to coat

Transfer to slow cooker. Combine the soup, water, and pour over the beef mixture.

(If your are using FRESH Mushrooms, you should add them now) 


Cover and cook for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. 

Time for a beer !!!!

Stir in the mushrooms and cook another 15-30 minutes (or until sauce is thickened)

 Let it cook !!!!

When finished, cook pasta per directions on the box.

 
Serve Beef over the pasta.......

Doesn't that look G R E A T !!!






And, it was perhaps the easiest recipe we have. Gives you plenty of time to have a beer and play with the doggie. 



Live Long and Prosper !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment