Sunday, July 28, 2019

PEACH COBBLER FROM THE HILLBILLY KITCHEN

I love Peaches. I love them in Jam, Pies, Cobbler, and even right off the damn tree.

So I was thrilled to discover a new on line cook (New for me) 

It's the HILLBILLY KITCHEN



https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC547XA_zfSXKLaqe-GAiXCg

Check her out !!!!! She has a ton of great recipes.

This recipe is for Peach Cobbler. Although we did not pick fresh peaches this year, I was able to score 6 nice large peaches from our local supermarket.


Since my friend was coming over for our weekly dinner, I decided this would make a nice desert. We don't have desert often so this will be a treat.


Let's get our *^^%)(  together

8 X 11 CASSEROLE DISH
1 STICK OF BUTTER
4 CUPS OF PEACHES (FRESH IS BEST – FROZEN IS OK)
¾ CUP OF SUGAR (FOR PEACHES)
¾ CUP SUGAR (FOR THE TOPPING)
1 TBL LEMON JUICE
1 tsp CINNAMON (this is my addition)
1 CUP MILK
1 CUP ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
1 TBL BAKING POWDER ¼ tsp SALT

(If You are doing Fresh Peaches)



Cut an “X” in the end OPPOSITE the stem (about ¼ inch deep by 1 inch long)



Place in boiling water for 2 minutes




Take them out and peel off the outer skin

 



Cut them up and put into a bowl




Pre heat Oven to 350 Degrees

Place the peaches in a pan

Add ¾ Cup sugar and Cinnamon



Bring to a boil, then turn to simmer for about 5 minutes

While you are heating the peaches, place the butter in the casserole dish, add the butter and start heating this in the oven.

Butter needs to “sizzle” but DON'T BURN IT.



MAKE THE TOPPING

In a bowl, add the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Sugar.
Stir, stir, stir.....



When Peaches are cooked & butter is “sizzling”, add the milk to the Flour mixture 


Stir, stir, stir.

The mixture should look like pancake batter

Pour the stirred batter into the dish with the hot butter.


Add some Peach juice, 



then add the peaches.



Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes



Time for a beer !!!

 

SERVE WITH ICE CREAM

 I forgot to take a picture

So I had no choice but to have some more. See the sacrifices I make for y'all ?

This took little time to prepare, and was EASY !!!! But most importantly,  IT WAS GOOD !!!

Live Long and Prosper !! And keep COOKING !!

I forgot the cute animal picture

"I know I heard Dad say something about a mouse??"


No comments:

Post a Comment