Thursday, October 10, 2019

STUFFED PEPPERS

Hello Foodie People

Today's question. Why don't you cook at home ?

The answer I hear the most is, "I can't because I work."

I say "Horse Hockey"


Before my wife retired, we went out maybe two nights a week. The rest of the time, we ate AT HOME.

Plus she made sure we had PLENTY of extra food for me to take to work for lunch.

The other answer I hear a lot is "I can't because I don't know how. Mom never taught me." 

Don't blame your mother. 

 
You never heard of You Tube, Or the Food Network ????

So, I really don't want to her "I can't because." I don't buy it.

It's an excuse. Saying "I don't want to," I could understand.
 
I bring this up because today we are making something so simple that even my ex wife could make it.

 Damn, she heard me

It takes no time to prepare and you can adjust it to your liking.

And have a beer in the process. 


So let's go......

Today, we are making easy Stuffed Peppers. It's something I have never made, but I saw some HUGE Peppers at the farmers market and it came to me. Let's try it.

2 Peppers

Sliced Onion

Mushrooms (one can should do it)


Mozzarella Cheese and some Sauce

1 Box of 'Steak Ems'


Cut in half & remove the center




Place cut side down on cookie sheet lined with foil


Roast @ 350 for 30 minutes



Saute the Steak Em's in 1 tsp of EVOO



Cut up and set aside in a bowl.



Add sauce and stir
(Add Salt & Pepper, and Oregano to taste)


Saute your Mushrooms

If you like cooked Onions, saute them now. (We left them raw)

Take Peppers out of the Oven.

Flip them over.



Add the cut up onions and a sprinkle of Garlic Salt 



Add the meat and Mushrooms



Top with shredded Cheese and bake at 350 for 20 minutes



Serve with BEER !!!
 And a Salad

I have to admit, they were better than I imagined. Like I said, I've never made them before. But you can bet your Sweet Bippie I will again.



 The meat possibilities are endless, as well as the Cheese Choices.

USE your imagination and experiment. That's what makes cooking FUN.

And better than GOING OUT.

It's so much easier, (and less stressful) to eat at home

See you next time on Kill It, Cut It Up, and Cook It

Gotta run, time for some "doggie time"

Looks like he fell asleep waiting on Dad.


Live Long and Prosper



1 comment:

  1. When you cut the peppers in HALF it was one of those "ah-ha" moments, because my mother always stuffed the entire pepper (with the top & guts removed, of course). Your version seems more logical, especially if you want to make a 'variety pack'!

    ReplyDelete