Thursday, March 19, 2020

BAKED CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM BUTTER SAUCE

Welcome back Peeps to Kill It, Cut It Up, and Cook It.

So I decided that for the next 60 days NO ONE is touching my food other than my wife, myself or people we know. That means NO GOING OUT TO EAT. 



I feel bad for those in the service industry that are hit so hard by this "thing." (I am not sure what to call it. Pandemic, Epidemic or just plain B.S.)

Regardless, my "Peal of Wisdom" says, "Never set yourself up for disaster."

Since I am of that AT RISK age, we are taking every precaution. 

No close contact, no crowds, no unnecessary shopping.  

We eat at home and pretty much stay here. It gives us more time in the yard and in the kitchen.

That brings us to this weeks show. 

Penny has been working on a corner spot in the yard where the new
"Pollinating Garden" is going. Bought lots of plants, and did lots of work.

It was even given the seal of approval by the "president'


So this week I was looking for something I could make without running to the crowded and CRAZY store.

Drum roll please.......


It's BAKED CHICKEN IN MUSHROOM SAUCE.


This recipe came from DAMN DELICIOUS . I am on their email list and get a couple of recipes per week.

This recipe looked good and it looked easy. And we had Chicken in the freezer.

Let's get to it.




INGREDIENTS



8 Bone-in, skin on Chicken Thighs



Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste



3 TBL unsalted butter. Divided 2 & 1



3 cloves of Minced Garlic



8 ounces of Mushrooms



1 Cup of HOMEMADE Chicken Broth



½ tsp Dried Thyme



½ tsp Dried Oregano



½ tsp Dried Basil



¼ Cup of Heavy Cream



¼ Cup of FRESHLY Ground Parmesan



1 TBL Whole Grain Mustard




OK, got all your stuff together ???? Let's have some fun


Preheat your oven to 400



Season the chicken (both sides) with Salt & Pepper




Melt 2 TBL of Butter, in a oven safe skillet over medium heat. 

Add Chicken (skin side down) and sear until both sides are a golden brown. (3 ½ to 4 min) 



Set aside.




Melt remaining Butter in the skillet. 


Add Garlic and Mushrooms.

 Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and brown. (5-6 min) Season to taste with Salt & Pepper. 



Stir in the Broth, Thyme, Oregano, & Basil.



Return chicken to the pan.



Place skillet in your oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temp of 165 degrees. (25-30 min) Set aside the chicken, leaving the juices in the pan.





Stir in the Heavy Cream, Parmesan, and the Mustard. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to simmer , and cook for another 4-5 minutes.



Serve, topped with the Mushroom Sauce.

This was easy and took just an hour to make. Add a nice salad and a veggie. (I steamed asparagus) It made for a great, quick meal.



 My Wednesday dinner friend enjoyed it and gave it a thumbs UP.
So did I.

IF I HAD TO DO IT OVER AGAIN

I would change very little on this one. I might add another 4 OZ of Mushrooms, but I have this things for 'rooms.

Try this folks, and get on the Damn Delicious e-mail list.

You can thank me later.

Be well, be safe, be SMART. And Live Long & Prosper



No comments:

Post a Comment