Thursday, March 5, 2020

ROSEANNE'S LOOSE MEAT SANDWICHES


Welcome back to Kill It, Cut It Up, and Cook It.

So last weekend the boss was off on a big boat doing a Girls Weekend, and I was left at home to take care of the critters.

It gave me a chance to watch some uninterrupted basketball, drink a few beers and COOK.

I have to admit, I was never a big fan of ROSEANNE, but I enjoy the re-boot. Since this is not a blog about TV, I will just leave it at that.

Becky and her Aunt Jackie have re-opened the LUNCHBOX, and I was able to score a recipe. (I love Google)

So let's honor The Conners and make this dish. We can watch the episode while we eat. (I also Love TIVO)



This is another one of those recipes for you clowns who cry "I work, I don't have time to cook." BOO HOO

Horse Hockey !!!!!



Here's all you need



1 ½ tsp Olive Oil
½ Medium Yellow Onion (chopped)
Salt & Pepper
1 lb Ground Beef
1 clove – Garlic (minced)
2 TBL Worcestershire Sauce
¼ CUP - Yellow Mustard
1 CAN Mushrooms (My addition)
Kosher Dill Pickles (Sliced)


BUNS

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil




Once the olive oil is “Shimmering”, add the Onion.





Stir occasionally until Onions are translucent and tender. (About 6 minutes)

Add the Ground Beef and the Mushrooms. Use a wooden spoon to break it all up. Season with Salt & Pepper



Once the meat is browned, add the Garlic, Worcestershire Sauce, and the Mustard.



Stir until combined and cook until the meat is no longer pink.




Place meat mixture onto a bun, top with the sliced Pickles.

Add the other half of the bun.




Add some chips, and a refreshing Adult Beverage, and enjoy.

IF I HAD TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN.

I think I would add a little Cream of Chicken soup to this. I think that would help hold it together more. I liked the addition of the Mushrooms, but I LOVE mushrooms.

So there you have it. Our little trip to Lanford, Illinois. It was worth the trip.

I almost forgot to check in with the cute doggie


See you next time.....

Live Long and Prosper

No comments:

Post a Comment