Tuesday, August 1, 2017

JELL-O PARFAIT

There are two things in this world I love. (Actually three counting the wife) Deserts and Jello.


For the last sixteen years I worked, I took some sort of Jell-O dish in my lunch. (I always ate at my desk, in case a customer called) Any who, I do love Jell-O.

This is one I found on line at 

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/floating-fruit-parfaits-57651.aspx

It's my favorite Jell-O desert. Jell-O Parfait !!!

It is easy to make, so lets get the ingredients together.

½ cup sliced fresh strawberries
¾ cup of boiling water
1 pkg of JELL-O Strawberry Sugar Free
½ cup COLD water
¾ cup ICE
1 cup COOL WHIP LITE WHIPPED TOPPING
4 Tablespoons COOL WHIP for topping – (Top just before serving)

Wash and cut up some berries

    Place berries into 2 parfait glasses. 


Add boiling water to gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add cold water and ice cubes; stir until ice is melted. Pour 3/4 cup evenly over berries.


Refrigerate 20 min. or until gelatin is set but not firm. Meanwhile, let remaining gelatin stand at room temperature until cooled and ready to be used.

Add 1 cup COOL WHIP to remaining gelatin; stir with whisk until blended. Spoon over gelatin in glasses.



Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.

Serve topped with COOL WHIP.

I had some trouble getting the Cool Whip into the glasses without smearing it on the glass. Put it into plastic bag, cut the corner and squeeze it in.

This made two good servings.


If you use fresh strawberries, sprinkle them with a sugar substitute. Even then, mine were a bit sour..

You could also use frozen berries, or Peaches, or even fruit cocktail. How about Peaches with Peach Jell-O ? or Cherries with Cherry Jell-O ? Oh, and Raspberries with Raspberry Jell-O.

The list goes on and on and on and on.

You know what the Coz says. “There's Always Room For Jell-O.”





No comments:

Post a Comment