Monday, November 6, 2017

BURGER WRAPS FOR HALF TIME

OK, I'll admit it. I've been hiding for the past several weeks as the Florida football season was flushed right down the porcelain appliance.


It's been really bad here the last several weeks as the administration sent the coach on his merry way.

bah bye

Injuries, suspensions, and unsubstantiated dealt threats flung around Gainesville faster than those trees flew by in the last hurricane.

Two straight losses were bad enough, but a 42-7 thumping by Georgia, spelled doom for the third year coach.

The only good news to come out of Gator Nation the last month is that basketball season is just around the corner.
  So here we were on a Saturday morning as Florida with an interim coach went to Missouri to face a team that hadn't won an SEC game all season.

 The excrement hit the oscillating appliance


I don't even want to talk about it. Nor talk about the Ball State season.

But we have to eat, right?

For the game today I wanted to do some burgers along with some Macaroni salad. I know we made Mac Salad a few weeks ago. But I like it. And it's my kitchen.

But I decided to be a but healthier this week and avoid the BUN. 
Penny bought some corn wraps at a local Mexican Grocery store, so I though I would try them.

I made the salad early in the day, as per the instructions on an earlier blog. No biggie here.

Then I cut up my condiments and put them in bowls into the fridge box.



 So let's grab a beer and turn on the game.

Yes, I punished myself.

Anyway, just before half time, I turned on the grill with the flat top.

I have wanted some made up burger patties in the freezer ready to go But I will not under any circumstance allow those boxes of store bought patties in the house. SO I made my own.,

Penny found a cool burger press an the kitchen store and we froze some packs of three to use any time. 


 

We yanked those out early so they could thaw by halftime.


With the grill flat top good and hot, I threw those buggers on and let them cook on both sides.

When they were almost done, I moved them from the flat top to the regular grill to let them flame up a bit and get some grill marks.

When the grill marks were nice and pretty, I threw them back on the flat top and put the wraps in the grill for just a minute or so.


I took them inside and cut each burger into three pieces and arranged them on the wrap.

Added the condiments and off I went.

Easy as can be and a little different; I probably like buns better but this is a little healthier, and was a nice change of pace.

As always you can adjust to your liking.

Served with an adult beverage and the mac salad, it makes for a great lunch.

Damn, Missouri scored again.

Basketball season can not get here fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment