Tuesday, November 7, 2017

RESTAURANT REVIEW: JERSEY MIKE'S SUB SHOP

JERSEY MIKE'S SUB SHOP

8075 SW Hwy 200
Suite 121 Ocala FL

https://www.jerseymikes.com/menu




Today found Penny and I out running errands and she decided on an early lunch at Jersey Mike's. We had never dined at Jersey Mike's, but heard some nice things about this sub shop.

I was surprised to learn that this is a chain operation with over 1200 locations in 40 states. I thought it was local place. Who would have thought ??



I opted for the Meatball Sub.


Penny ordered the Philly Steak & Cheese.

Service was FAST and courteous, although it was about an hour before the lunch rush. And the restaurant is one of the cleanest I have seen.

Messy but GOOD !!! Use a knife & fork !!
You'll need BOTH hands !!!

Make sure you have plenty of napkins as these subs are a bit “messy”. But they are worth it.

As a lover of meatball subs, I found mine to be good, although I prefer a harder sub roll rather than this soft kind. It was HUGE and more than filling. But it could have had more cheese. All in all a good sub sandwich. I would rate it below Romas and Labellas, but way above SUBWAY.

Penny liked her Philly sandwich. It's not in the class of Philadelphia's Pat's or Ginos, but Penny liked it. 

Nice atmosphere, great service and darn good food. If I had to choose between 'Subway' and 'Jersey Mike's' I would choose the later.

I do try to stay away from 'chain' restaurants, but this was a decent lunch. And I was supporting
a locally operated business.

My only complaint was the parking lot. With all the stores and old people, we found it hard to get around.

No comments:

Post a Comment