Wednesday, March 8, 2017



Welcome to kill it, cut it up and cook it. The 

whenever the hell I feel like it cooking blog for


us guys.




I have a friend who eats out every day.

Sometimes three times a day. I can just 

visualize all that money for crappy food and 

crappy service. Not to mention hours and 

hours of waiting in line to be seated, waiting 

for food to arrive, and waiting for a check. 

And the gas it takes to go back and forth. But 

the biggest reason I am here is because I 

realized that when I retire, I will no longer be 

able to afford to eat out as much as I did. 

 

My friend and I eat out every Wednesday 

night. We have done this since 2003. Even 

with a coupon it costs me fifty bucks. Although

we alternate picking up the check, it still costs 

me twelve hundred (1200.00) bucks a year. 


After 13 years I have spent approximately

$15,600 eating out. Not to mention the dinners 

and breakfasts when my wife and I go out. My 

friend and I combined have spent over $31,000

 eating out one night a week. Can you imagine

 eating out two or three times a day. Everyday!!

 Do the math !!! LEARN TO COOK



Don't get me wrong, my wife is a GOURMET 

cook. She cooks every day. I know she enjoys 

it, and now I have time to help. And to learn 

along the way. Cooking is something I always 

wanted to learn and soon I will have the time to

devote to learning this new craft. And I know 

there are many of you in the same predicament,

so let's learn together.



If we cook together, we will be able to treat

ourselves once a month and go out to a good

restaurant and ENJOY it. And we will do that 

here as well.. 

 

We are going to keep it simple. If you want 

fancy French crap, or food ending in “ese”, 

(Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreanese, or 

Mexicanese) go somewhere else. This is meat

and potato land guys. Simple food for us 

simple people. 

 



I will be getting help from my wife Penny, who

I'm sure will tell you everything I have done 

wrong and why the food will taste like 

cardboard. But maybe she will teach me a 

thing or two along the way. I do value her 

opinion. Even when she is wrong.







And since some people call me an

 “opinionated old cermedgion” I may throw in 

some 'commentary' every now and then.

 



So join us as we muddle through our small 

kitchen and the grocery store in our search for

that special meal. We will also go down the 

'beer' isle.

1 comment:

  1. to be clear, I am never wrong about food, dear.

    ReplyDelete